Sick of draining hours crafting the perfect email message? AI email assistants use the power of natural language processing to help write emails for you in seconds.
In this comprehensive guide, we’ll explore the top 10 AI tools available to help you save time, improve email quality, and reclaim your productivity.
You’ll learn key factors to look for when selecting an AI assistant, how to write effective prompts to steer your tool, and best practices for maximizing value while maintaining authenticity. Say goodbye to email fatigue, and hello to your new AI ally!
Email remains one of the most ubiquitous forms of communication in both our personal and professional lives. Yet crafting well-written, effective emails can be a major pain point for many. Writing fluent emails that get results takes time, skill, and mental energy that we don’t always have when facing a crowded inbox.
Enter AI email writing tools – emerging software that utilizes the power of artificial intelligence to help take the pain out of email writing. These tools analyze the context of an email conversation and generate fully-formed email responses for you with just a few prompts. It’s like having an eloquent, personalized assistant ready to jump in and handle email drafting for you.
The rising popularity of AI email writing tools
AI email writers have exploded in popularity over the past year. Driving this growth is a convergence of two trends:
- The rapid advancement of AI language models like GPT-3 that can generate human-like text for a variety of applications.
- The desire for increased productivity and automation when managing high email volumes.
According to recent surveys, over 75% of professionals feel overwhelmed by the number of emails they receive daily. People are searching for tools that can help them spend less time in their inboxes and more time on higher-value work.
At the same time, AI models like GPT-3 have reached impressive levels of sophistication in understanding language and generating text.
In 2022, Anthropic unveiled Claude – an AI assistant trained for workplace communications that can respond to emails on your behalf. Microsoft and Google have also integrated AI features directly into Outlook and Gmail to help draft responses.
It’s clear there is major demand for this category of software. AI email startups have raised over $80 million in funding in the past year according to Pitchbook data. As AI capabilities continue to advance, adoption of AI email writing tools will only accelerate further.
How AI can help with email writing
AI email apps leverage large language AI models to provide a range of benefits:
- Saved time – AI tools can reduce the time spent crafting thoughtful, effective emails by over 50%. Rather than starting from a blank page, an AI assistant generates a draft response for you to customize or approve.
- Increased personalization – Advanced AI models are able to analyze past email conversations and the context to produce emails that feel tailor-made for specific recipients.
- Improved consistency – AI tools ensure your emails have a consistent tone and style aligned with your brand voice.
- Reduced human error – AI generated responses avoid common pitfalls like typos, grammatical errors, unclear language that take additional time to correct.
- Scalability – With AI, you can scale personalized email communication across your entire team. For companies that receive a high volume of inbound inquiries, AI email assistants are a game changer for customer service.
And this is just the beginning. Even more advanced capabilities like summarizing long email chains, extracting key action items from emails, and scheduling meetings automatically via email are on the horizon as AI technology progresses.
Key factors to consider when choosing an AI email tool
The market for AI email generators is expanding rapidly. With so many options to evaluate, here are the key factors to consider when selecting the right solution for your needs:
- Integration with your existing tools – Look for AI email apps that integrate seamlessly with Gmail, Outlook, CRM software, and other platforms you rely on. Avoid solutions that operate as separate silos.
- Accuracy and error correction – Given AI’s imperfections, the tool should allow for reviewing and editing AI generated text before sending. Prioritize accuracy over pure speed.
- Privacy and security – Your email data is sensitive, so examine the app’s security practices, encryption methods, and privacy safeguards carefully.
- Customization – The best tools allow you to tailor the tone, style, and formatting to match your preferences so emails sound like they came directly from you.
- Pricing – AI email pricing models range from free limited tiers to custom enterprise plans costing thousands per month. Estimate your monthly email volume and shop accordingly.
With a dependable AI companion, you can become much more productive and strategic with your time spent on email. But not all tools live up to the promise. By selecting the right solution aligned to your specific needs and challenges, you can finally reclaim the hours lost wading through your inbox each day.
The rest of this guide will dive into the top 10 AI email assistants available and how to maximize their capabilities. Let’s get started!
Top 10 AI Tools for Writing Emails
The AI email assistant space has absolutely exploded over the past year. Dozens of startups have jumped into the mix along with major platforms like Gmail and Outlook shipping their own AI-powered features.
With so many options available, it can be daunting to figure out which solution is right for your specific needs. That’s why we’ve done the research for you and narrowed it down to the top 10 AI email tools worthy of consideration.
We evaluated these tools across a range of factors like accuracy, ease of use, integration, features, tone/style customization, and pricing models. This list focuses primarily on AI email assistants for individual professionals rather than full-blown enterprise solutions.
Let’s dive in and explore the key capabilities of the top AI email tools available in 2023.
First up is Copy.ai – an AI writing assistant created by the founders of Uber AI Labs. Copy.ai is designed from the ground up to generate professional, human-like content to save you time.
The platform offers top-notch integration directly within Gmail, Outlook, and other major email providers via browser extensions or mobile apps.
- Email Templates – Copy.ai provides templates tailored specifically for various email scenarios like cold reach outs, follow-ups, introductions, etc.
- Tone Customization – Easily tailor email tone across 4 options ranging from concise & professional to witty & amusing.
- Built-In Grammar Correction – Any grammar errors in the AI generated text are automatically detected and fixed.
- Plagiarism Checks – Copy.ai scans all content against a database of sources to prevent plagiarized or copied text.
- Usage-Based Pricing – Only pay for the number of words you generate rather than a flat monthly fee.
Copy.ai offers several pricing tiers depending on your needs:
- Free – 500 words per month
- Pro – 15,000 words per month for $29
- Team – 250,000 words per month starting at $599
- Enterprise – Custom packages
If you just need occasional email assistance, the free tier is a great starting point. For power emailers, the Pro plan provides ample word count for a reasonable price.
ChatGPT took the world by storm at the end of 2022, serving over 1 million users within a week of launch. This powerful AI chatbot from OpenAI can handle a remarkable range of conversational tasks – including drafting emails.
With the right guidance and prompts, ChatGPT can be a gamechanger for supercharging your email productivity.
How to use ChatGPT for email writing
Here are some tips to get started with ChatGPT for AI email generation:
- Use concise prompts – Clearly explain the context and what you need ChatGPT to write.
- Provide examples – Share 1-2 sample emails to guide the desired tone and style.
- Specify parameters – Define length, format, voice, purpose etc to steer the results.
- Iterate if needed – Review the initial draft and re-prompt for improvements.
- Personalize before sending – Add your signature, tweak anything that sounds off.
Pros and cons
- Powerful capabilities for a free tool
- Can fully personalize emails before sending
- Conversational interface makes iterating and refining easy
- No inherent email integration or deliverability features
- Potential for factual inaccuracies and errors
- Slow response times and usage limits due to high demand
For ad-hoc email assistance or trying out AI writing for the first time, ChatGPT is hard to beat. But lack of integrations and limits to scale may have power emailers looking at more full-featured solutions.
Jasper is an AI writing assistant built specifically for enterprise use cases like email generation. It’s the intuitive interface and seamless integrations that set Jasper apart.
After linking your Google account, Jasper can access your inbox to pull in relevant details like the recipient name and existing email chain. You can customize all aspects of the draft it produces or choose from pre-written templates.
- Email Personalization – Automatically incorporates names, dates, and message history into responses.
- Team Collaboration – Share generated emails and track revisions with colleagues.
- Export & Schedule – Download email drafts as PDFs or .txt files and schedule sends.
- Tone Customization – Tailor your brand voice from concise & professional to creative & upbeat.
- Built-in Productivity Tools – Jasper also includes AI assistants for composing social posts, scripts, blog content and more.
Jasper offers three main plans:
- Personal – $29/month with 5,000 credits
- Team – $99/month for up to 5 users and 50,000 credits
- Business – Custom pricing
The starter Personal plan provides a nice balance for solopreneurs and small teams. Power emailers may benefit from the expanded Team plan or negotiated custom rates.
Rytr is another robust AI writing assistant you can put to work generating emails. It stands out with an impressive array of language and tone customization options.
Rytr offers a slick web interface you can use to craft emails from scratch or polish drafts. It also works with extensions for Gmail and Google Docs for convenience.
- 50+ Language Support – Rytr works in everything from English and Spanish to Korean, French, German and beyond.
- Tone & Style Options – Chose from over 20 distinct tones like cheerful, compassionate, persuasive, or urgent.
- Rich Formatting – Apply headers, bulleted lists, bold text, links, and other formats to enhance emails.
- Plagiarism Checks – Rytr scans all generated text to prevent duplicated content issues.
- Request Rewrites – Don’t like certain phrasing? Highlight text and have Rytr rewrite it for you.
Rytr offers the following plans:
- Free – 5,000 characters per month
- Pro – 50,000 characters per month for $29
- Lifetime (AppSumo) – 50,000 characters per month for $39
For polyglots or anyone wanting maximum tone flexibility, Rytr is a leading choice. The Pro plan or AppSumo lifetime deal provide solid value for daily email writers.
Claude from Anthropic is a ChatGPT rival, using free form interactive chat. The tool is built around allowing rapid iteration and refinement of generated text.
Once signed up, simply describe what you need Claude to write. It will return the output, and incorporate your suggested improvements to achieve your vision faster.
Claude has two main tiers available:
- Free – A completely free plan
- Pro – Pro plan at $20/month with increased daily limit
For solopreneurs who value fast iteration when crafting the perfect email, Claude delivers ample value for free.
WordHero brings a unique spin to AI email generation by leveraging pre-defined templates.
The end result? Email drafts that sound distinctly in your own voice and style.
- Email Drafting – Ask WordHero to generate emails, follow-ups, introductions, outreach emails and more.
- Text Summarization – Get quick summaries of long text passages distilled down.
- Tone & Style Copying – Choose emails you’ve written previously to replicate tone.
- Email Insights – Discover trends and patterns in your own email data.
INNrs currently offers two paid packages:
- Pro – $49 per month, unlimited content
- Lifetime – $225 for unlimited content
Phrase allows you to skip directly to curating and editing AI written emails rather than starting from scratch.
The AI assistant instantly generates drafts based on email templates covering dozens of common scenarios. Choose the use case that matches your needs and customize the template.
- Email Templates – Phrase offers 50+ templates for outreach, follow-ups, introductions, invites, etc.
- Dynamic Variables – Templates can pull in names, dates and details for personalized emails.
- Collaboration Tools – Review, comment on, and assign email drafts to teammates.
- Email Scheduling – Schedule your emails to be sent at the optimal date and time.
- Writes 100+ Content Types – Phrase’s AI can also handle chat messages, blog posts, social captions and much more.
Phrase has the following packages available:
- Personal – $20 per month, 3 users, 10 templates
- Startup – $40 per month, 5 users, 25 templates
- Business – $80 per month, 10 users, 50 templates
- Enterprise – Custom pricing
The expansive template library makes Phrase a go-to for quickly spinning up AI email drafts for nearly any scenario you encounter.
PaperType assistant handles everything from generating emails to writing articles.
Shortly offers these subscription tiers:
- Free Trial – Limited features
- Individual – $10 per month
- Team – $20 per user per month
- Enterprise – Custom pricing
If you want an AI assistant that goes beyond drafting to manage your inbox and reduce email-induced stress, PaperType does the job.
For rapid email generation directly within your inbox, Flowrite is a top contender. This AI email writing assistant lives right inside Gmail, Outlook, and other webmail providers.
To create an email, just start typing your thoughts. Flowrite will analyze what you wrote and provide 3 possible email drafts to choose from or customize further.
- 3 Content Variations – See multiple draft options from your initial prompt.
- In-Line Email Generation – Create AI emails without leaving your inbox interface.
- Template Library – Generate drafts for common use cases like outreach, follow-ups, approvals etc.
- Automatic Context Detection – Flowrite picks up names, dates, and details from existing messages.
- Single-Click Rewrites – Instantly refresh any part of the email draft with fresh AI alternatives.
Flowrite offers flexible plans suitable for any email volume including:
- Free – Limited monthly usage
- Individual – €8 per month, unlimited usage
- Team – €20 per user per month
- Business – Custom pricing
For its seamless inbox integration and speedy rewriting capabilities, Flowrite makes AI email a breeze directly where you need it.
Mystrika goes beyond drafting tools by providing a full suite of cold email automation features powered by AI.
With automated email workflows, Mystrika also handles sending and scheduling at scale.
- Automatic Personalization – Mystrika draws on dynamic variables and mail-merge to customize messaging.
- Email Insights – View contact history, attachments, and location data detected from emails.
- Spam Score – Check the spam rating of your cold emails before sending.
- Email Warmup – Automatically warm up new sender accounts to increase deliverability.
- Sequence Scheduling – Drip your cold email campaigns strategically over time.
Mystrika offers several pricing tiers:
- Free – 1 user, basic features
- Growth – $15 per month, all features
- Business – $49 per month, multi-user, added integrations
- Enterprise – Custom pricing
For end-to-end cold email automation with the power of AI, Mystrika checks all the boxes in one unified platform.
The AI email assistant space has expanded at lightning speed, yet still remains relatively nascent. As the technology and feature sets advance, early adopters stand to gain a major competitive edge through AI-powered productivity.
Each tool has strengths for specific scenarios based on factors like integrations, customization options, and pricing. Hopefully mapping out the top 10 providers above helps point you toward the solution(s) best aligned to your email volumes, style preferences, budgets, and use cases.
At the end of the day, the best AI email assistant for any given user depends on personal needs and habits. We recommend trying out a few free trials to get first-hand experience before committing.
Now that we’ve mapped out the top AI email assistant options, let’s look at some key criteria to keep in mind when evaluating any AI writing tool for your specific needs.
Key Factors to Consider When Choosing an AI Email Tool
In the previous section, we gave you a comprehensive overview of the top 10 AI email assistants available in 2023 based on market research and first-hand testing.
While having this landscape view is crucial, it can still be challenging to determine which solution(s) are the best fit for your specific needs. A tool ranking highly for one person may be completely wrong for someone else.
To help narrow your search, let’s explore the six key factors you should consider when evaluating any AI email writing tool:
Compatibility with your email platform
First and foremost, any AI assistant needs to play nicely with whichever email system(s) you rely on – whether Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo, web-based clients like Hey or Superhuman, an email tracker like Mixmax or Mailtrack, CRM software that manages support inboxes, or anything else.
You want a solution that integrates directly rather than operating as a separate silo. Here are some questions to help assess compatibility:
- Is there a browser extension or add-on available? Extensions provide the most frictionless experience by putting AI writing capabilities directly in your inbox interface.
- Does the tool connect via mobile app? Mobile support is clutch for drafting responses on-the-go.
- Can it access your existing emails and contacts? Reading your email history and address book enables personalization and cuts down on manually importing data.
- Does it work across devices and operating systems? You shouldn’t be locked into a desktop-only experience.
- Can you automate sends and scheduling? For cold outreach and bulk emails, automation saves massive time.
Ideally, you want an AI assistant that feels like a natural extension of your existing workflow – not a disjointed bolted-on component.
Language and tone customization
Every brand has a unique voice. Professional yet approachable. Formal but friendly. Witty with a hint of sarcasm.
It takes considerable skill for AI to grasp these nuances from limited training data. Before relying on an AI writing tool, you need to verify that it can faithfully match the language and tone you want for representing your brand.
Here are some customization options that indicate advanced AI capabilities:
- Tone presets – Having 3-5 tone presets (professional, casual, creative etc.) allows easy switching for different recipients and use cases.
- Language support – Look for 50+ language options to future proof for international audiences.
- Marking emotions – Can you annotate text with emotions (excited, urgent, grateful etc.) to guide tone?
- Grammatical mood – Does switching between indicative and imperative moods work well? This affects the directness of language.
- Adding emojis – Emoji support demonstrates that the AI understands sentiment and personality in language.
- Showing examples – Clearly the fastest way to influence style is showing the tool 1-2 example emails you find effective.
- Ratings system – Providing feedback ratings on generated text will further refine the style over time.
Don’t settle for mediocre approximations of your brand’s voice. Dialing in the optimal language and tone from the start ensures your emails hit the mark.
Privacy and data security
Email contains highly sensitive information – not just content, but metadata revealing who you interact with, when, and for what purpose.
Integrating an AI assistant means granting access to read, analyze, and potentially store this data to function.
With privacy regulations tightening worldwide, it’s crucial to vet how any AI provider approaches data protection:
- Do they encrypt stored data? Encryption renders data unusable even if hacked.
- What’s their data access policy? Only essential employees should have access.
- Is data ever shared or sold? Prohibit this in the terms of service.
- Can you delete your data? Ensure a clear path to data deletion if you churn.
- Where do they store data? Storing data in a region with strong privacy laws is ideal.
- Have they completed security audits? Look for trusted certifications like SOC2 demonstrating rigorous controls.
Take your time reviewing privacy policies and ask questions. Once your data is out there, you lose control, so minimizing risk upfront is key.
AI still requires guidance. Before relying completely on a given tool, you’ll want to validate that it allows sufficient customization to match your preferences:
- Length controls – Setting optimal email length ensures you get compact sentences or verbose detailed passages as needed.
- Formatting options – Tools should provide common formatting like bulleted lists, bolding, italics, links, and headings to enhance emails.
- Multiple content variations – Getting 2-3 content options gives you flexibility to use the best draft.
- Point-and-click revisions – Seamlessly rewriting any section by highlighting text saves time vs. re-prompting.
- Template libraries – Leverage proven templates tailored for different email goals like outreach or invites.
- Scheduling controls – Scheduling email delivery at optimal times and dates keeps you organized.
- Exporter – Download generated emails as .txt files or PDFs for collecting offline drafts.
The more dials and levers you have to steer output, the better the tool meshes with your personal style. Don’t settle for a one-size-fits-all experience.
Accuracy and error correction
Here’s the reality – sometimes AI misses the mark and gets it wrong. You’ll want to verify that any AI email tool makes accuracy a priority and provides controls when errors occur:
- Spellcheck and grammar – Any decent tool should get basics like spelling and grammar right, but always double check.
- Factual inaccuracies – Unlike humans, AI may state false “facts”. Watch for inconsistencies or errors.
- Inappropriate suggestions – Without proper training, conversational AI models occasionally spit out unethical, dangerous, or nonsensical text.
- Plagiarism checks – Avoid copied content penalties by only using assistants with plagiarism detection.
- Review before sending – No tool is perfect. Manual review helps catch remaining issues.
- Editing capabilities – There should be seamless ways to modify any problematic sections detected.
- Feedback mechanisms – Providing feedback signals back to the AI to improve over time.
While AI holds great promise to augment our productivity, it’s not ready to operate without human supervision. Maximizing accuracy and early error detection is critical.
Pricing and plan options
Last but not least, you want an AI tool aligned with your budget and email volume needs. Pricing and plans vary widely across the market:
- Free tiers – Many providers offer limited free versions to test capabilities risk-free.
- Monthly subscriptions – Rates span from $10 for individuals up to $100+ per month for power users.
- Annual subscriptions – Prepaying yearly often unlocks 20-30%+ discounts.
- Lifetime deals – Rarely, you may find special lifetime access promos for a fixed fee.
- Usage-based pricing – With pay-per-word models, you only pay for what you generate.
- Team plans – Team options typically provide bulk discounts for organizations.
- Enterprise pricing – Large companies can often negotiate custom contracts.
Crunch the numbers based on your average monthly email volume and how many team members need access. With the right plan, AI productivity gains can far outweigh costs.
In an rapidly evolving market, making the optimal AI email assistant choice requires going beyond surface features to examine the underlying compatibility, privacy protections, customization, accuracy, and pricing fundamentals.
By thoroughly evaluating tools against your unique preferences and constraints using the criteria above, you can confidently narrow down the options to find the solutions poised to become indispensable allies supporting your email efforts over the long haul.
The key is matching AI capabilities to your personal habits and quirks, not the other way around. Once you find tools that integrate seamlessly and produce outputs that consistently meet your standards, you’ll be able to finally reclaim hours otherwise lost dragging yourself through a crowded inbox.
Now let’s look at best practices for writing effective prompts to provide guidance and steer your AI email assistant.
How to Write Effective Prompts for AI Email Tools
You’ve reviewed the top email AI tools available and selected an option aligned with your needs. Excellent work so far!
But simply signing up for one of these tools is just the first step. To truly maximize value, you need to master the art of providing effective prompts.
A prompt acts as the north star guiding your AI assistant to generate emails precisely matching your goals. Without a clear, detailed prompt, you risk unclear or inaccurate responses.
Let’s explore best practices and examples for writing stellar AI prompts that steer your email assistant to success.
Provide clear context and goals
Clarity is king when prompting your AI. The tool lacks all the context and subtext that you intuitively have around an email topic in your head.
You have to concisely verbalize details on:
- The recipient – Details like name, company, relationship history help personalize.
- Your purpose and call-to-action – State your email goals and desired outcome explicitly upfront.
- Deadlines or urgency – If needing a reply by a certain date, specify this.
- Overall direction – Give 1-2 sentences summarizing the theme and flow you want.
Providing this framework helps focus the AI in aligning its language, tone, arguments, and facts to your context and goals.
Without it, you risk a meandering, irrelevant response. Be your AI tool’s guide, not just its user.
Example effective context prompt:
“Please draft a follow-up email to send to John Doe, my sales contact at ABC Company. My goal is to get John to schedule a 30-minute Zoom call with me by the end of next week to demo our new product features. I emailed John 2 weeks ago and haven’t heard back. Please write a friendly yet urgent email following up and persuading him to meet with me.”
Include any relevant details about the recipient
What’s John Doe like? Friendly? Formal? All business?
Your history with and knowledge of the recipient provides valuable clues for your AI assistant to craft personalized, resonant language.
Share relevant details like:
- Personality attributes – Are they straight-laced or laid back? Introverted or extroverted? Knowing general temperament helps strike the right tone.
- Your relationship – Whether they’re a close friend or new cold contact determines the conversation style.
- Background knowledge – Fill your AI in on what the recipient already knows about your product to prevent redundancies.
- Pet peeves or dislikes – If you know someone despises sports analogies, for example, avoid those in messaging.
Providing personal, behavioral context makes your AI emails feel less generic and more tailor-made for each audience of one.
Example prompt with recipient details:
“John Doe is my sales contact at ABC Company and tends to be very formal in his communication style. I don’t know him well yet since he’s new to ABC. Please draft a friendly yet urgent email following up about scheduling a product demo. Avoid using overly casual language or analogies since I’m still building rapport with him.
Specify the desired tone and style
Do you want an email that’s:
- Short, concise, and to the point?
- Longer and highly detailed?
- Formal and professional?
- Casual and conversational?
- Ultra urgent and persuasive?
Specifying your desired tone and writing style ensures your AI assistant aligns the email format, voice, word choice, and more to your needs.
Tools that offer preset tones are handy. But providing your own descriptive guidance gives you more control.
- “Please use a very urgent and persuasive tone while being concise.”
- “Write in a detailed, consultative style including specifics on use cases.”
- “Use an enthusiastic yet professional tone.”
Example prompt specifying tone:
Please write a follow-up email to John Doe using an urgent and persuasive tone. I need to convey that meeting soon is critical but without sounding overly salesy or pushy since we’re just building our relationship.”
Give formatting guidelines
Proper email formatting improves scannability and information retention for recipients.
Provide formatting guardrails to your AI tool like:
- Paragraph length – 1-3 sentences? 3-5 sentences? The more confrontational the email, the shorter the paragraphs should be.
- Headings and subheadings – Guide the structure and flow with headings.
- Bulleted or numbered lists – Break down complex info into easy-to-digest bullet points.
- Bold or italic text – Emphasize critical words and phrases.
- Links – Are there any resources you want hyperlinked?
- Email length – 1 short paragraph? 5 paragraphs? Specifying expected length prevents awkwardly long or short emails.
Example formatting prompt:
“Please write a 3 paragraph email to John Doe using bullet points and less than 500 words total. Make key actions bold and include 1-2 links to relevant help articles.”
Set word count or length parameters
As we touched on above, defining email length expectations provides useful guardrails for your AI tool.
Some other scenarios where constraints help:
- Maximum number of sentences per paragraph
- Word or character count per paragraph
- Overall word, sentence, or paragraph limits for the entire email
AI has a propensity to be overly verbose if left unchecked. Reign it in with clear length and word count limits needed to get your message across.
Example word count prompt:
Please write a follow-up email to John Doe that’s around 250 words max and uses concise 1-3 sentence paragraphs.
Give examples of emails you like
The saying “show, don’t tell” very much applies when providing AI writing prompts.
Rather than trying to define your perfect email voice and style solely in the abstract, simply show your AI tool 1-2 example emails you love.
The AI will implicitly pick up on elements like:
- Your preferred sentence structure
- Verbiage and word choice
- Tone and humor
- Use of visuals and formatting
- Sign off and signature choice
Then it can generate new emails mimicking your example(s).
Example prompt with sample email:
“Please draft a follow-up email to John Doe using a similar tone and format as the example email below:”
Hope you’ve been well! Checking in to see if you had a chance to check out the product demo I sent over last week?
We just launched a set of new features that I think could really help optimize your team’s workflow. Would love to schedule 20 minutes to walk through the demo – are you free this Friday at 2pm EST?
Looking forward to connecting soon!
Writing effective AI prompts is part art, part science. With the right guidance, your AI assistant will generate emails that perfectly match your desired style, voice, tone, and format.
Remember to concisely provide all relevant contextual details, clearly state your objectives, specify any constraints, and show examples of ideal emails when possible.
Set your AI tool up for success, and it will satisfy your needs far beyond generic or mediocre results. Treat it as your email mentor, not just as a faceless robot.
With these AI prompt best practices now in your toolkit, you’re ready to start supercharging your productivity while retaining total control over the emails your tool produces.
We’ve covered a ton of ground exploring the top AI email tools available and best practices for maximizing their capabilities. Let’s recap the key takeaways:
Summary of key points
- AI email tools utilize natural language processing to draft, personalize, and customize emails for you in seconds. Adoption of these tools is rising fast as demand for email productivity solutions intensifies.
- Leading AI assistants like Copy.ai, ChatGPT, Jasper, and others can help you craft better emails in half the time once configured properly. We detailed the top 10 providers.
- Consider key factors like compatibility, privacy protections, personalization, accuracy, and pricing when selecting the best AI email tool for your needs and preferences. One size does not fit all.
- Writing clear, detailed prompts is crucial to steer your AI assistant to generate emails precisely tailored to your goals, audience, voice, and style.
- Prompt best practices include providing concise context, recipient details, exact tone guidance, formatting parameters, email examples, and length limits.
- AI email tools augment (rather than replace) your skills. Always review, customize, and polish computer-generated drafts before sending.
The AI email assistants we covered represent an emerging class of software with incredible potential to enhance professional productivity. Our guidance boils down to:
Find tools complementing your habits – There are now enough options available to find AI email solutions that mesh with your personal preferences, quirks, and existing tool stack.
Verify privacy protections – Treat your email data with care, and only use providers with enterprise-grade security.
Customize for accuracy – Leverage personalization features to achieve outputs that consistently match your quality standards.
Write prompts purposefully – Guiding your AI tool with clear, detailed prompts is a learned skill that pays dividends.
Review before sending – No tool is 100% perfect yet. Always add your human touch before emails go out.
Adopting AI comes with risks if not approached thoughtfully. But once properly implemented following the steps above, say goodbye to email dread and welcome newfound efficiency reclaiming your time.
Now that you’re equipped with a complete guide to the AI email landscape, it’s time to test drive a few solutions for yourself and transform email from headache to ally.
If you made it this far, congratulations – you now have a comprehensive lay of the land when it comes to leveraging AI tools for mastering email productivity.
Let’s recap the core lessons:
- AI email assistants like Copy.ai and ChatGPT utilize natural language processing to help draft, personalize, and send emails with unparalleled speed. Adoption of these tools is accelerating rapidly.
- There are now dozens of AI writing tools to evaluate – we broke down the top 10 highest-rated options spanning free tiers to enterprise-focused.
- Key factors like compatibility, privacy, accuracy, language customization, and pricing help determine the best AI email solution for your needs.
- Writing clear, detailed prompts is crucial for steering your AI tool to generate emails precisely tailored to your goals, voice, and each recipient.
- Prompt best practices include providing context, recipient details, exact tone guidance, formatting constraints, email examples, and length limits.
- Always diligently review and customize computer-generated drafts before sending to maximize quality. AI augments your skills rather than replacing them outright.
- With the right AI email assistant implemented following these best practices, prepare to be astonished at the hours reclaimed and email dread relieved.
Hopefully this guide gave you a comprehensive blueprint for evaluating and implementing AI tools to maximize your email productivity while maintaining quality. Don’t settle for lackluster results – put these lessons into practice to transform email from foe into friend.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the benefits of using an AI email tool?
AI email tools provide many benefits including:
- Faster email drafting and response times
- Increased personalization for each recipient
- Improved consistency in tone, voice, and branding
- Higher email quality with fewer errors
- Ability to scale communications across teams
- More strategic prioritization of high-value work
How accurate are AI-generated emails?
It depends on the specific tool, but the most advanced AI assistants today can produce emails with ~90%+ accuracy on par with human professionals when configured properly. However, some tools still produce lower quality or error-prone output requiring heavy edits.
Can AI email tools replace copywriters entirely?
Not yet. AI tools augment human capabilities rather than replacing them outright. You still need human oversight for things like tone nuance, relationship history, email strategy, and final edits or signoff. But AI can lift the burden for rote drafting and personalized busywork.
Are AI emails fake or disingenuous?
AI tools study patterns in language data to generate human-like text. But they lack real thoughts or emotions. Review each email, and customize with personal details and a signature to maintain authenticity before sending. Make recipients feel heard.
How do I choose the right AI email tool for me?
Consider key factors like compatibility, privacy, accuracy, language/tone customization, and pricing. Try 2-3 free trials to get first-hand experience. Look for a solution that meshes with your habits and needs rather than the other way around.
What makes an effective AI email prompt?
Effective prompts provide concise context, goals, recipient details, exact tone and style guidance, formatting constraints, email examples, and length limits. Prompts steer AI tools to match your voice and objectives.
Can I automate sending AI-generated emails?
Yes, many tools provide automation features or integrate with third-party platforms like Zapier and Integromat to set up sequences, triggers, and scheduled delivery at scale. But always review individual emails before automation.
What email platforms do AI tools integrate with?
Most support direct integrations for Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo and all major webmail providers via browser extensions, add-ons, or AI buttons within the interface. Some also support email client apps like Spark, Polymail, and Superhuman.
How much do AI email tools cost?
Pricing starts free for limited usage with rates between $10-$100+ monthly for paid plans based on usage volume, features, and team access needs. Yearly subscriptions and enterprise pricing provide further customization.